Splyt is the leading global network for mobility and lifestyle services. Our technology integrates ridehailing, airport transfers, micromobility, public transport and food delivery into our partners’ platforms, so they can unlock the world for their customers. Splyt has offices in London, Singapore, Tokyo, and Kuala Lumpur, but we feel at home, anywhere. Our amazing partners are the largest in the business, with over 2 billion users in total, and we are constantly expanding our footprint beyond the 150 countries we already cover.
Working with us
We are a remote-first company, with a fun, diverse and enthusiastic bunch from all corners of the world (with 25 nationalities and 20 languages spoken amongst our employees). We live and breathe our values of Ingenuity, Independence, Collaboration, and Laughter. Our exceptional culture is underpinned by an empowering, collaborative learning environment where our people are constantly stretched and growing to be high-performing and, most importantly, happy.
The finance team currently comprises a Head of Finance, Senior Management Accountant and an external bookkeeping team who works very closely on a day-to-day basis. The finance team collaborates very closely on a daily basis with the Leadership, Business Development, HR and Technology teams. In addition, we work very closely with our External Accountants in the UK, Singapore, Malaysia and Japan who are responsible for all local compliance including statutory accounts and tax returns. Being a tech company, the use of technology is a daily part of finance team life and will become even more integral as we undertake more extensive automation of the finance department. This is a very exciting time to join as we are building up the finance department for scale.
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our ranks in Kuala Lumpur. This role will report into our Senior Management Accountant and should have a can-do attitude and willingness to grow within an international scale-up. This is a unique opportunity for someone hungry and passionate to grow not only in their own role, but also provide key input to help grow the entire Finance department as Splyt scales.
What you’ll be doing:
- Compare big sets of data on weekly and monthly basis to perform reconciliations between Splyt in-house reports and our network partners’ reports to ensure the accuracy of rides captured in different projects.
- Own the process for sales and purchase invoicing for each project.
- Review the coding of invoices entered by the external bookkeeper on to the system and ensure all the transactions are in place.
- Assist in setting up new processes for upcoming projects to promote efficiency and accuracy.
- Support multiple ad-hoc tasks as the company scales.
Who we are looking for:
- Accounting Graduate / Part Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICAS, ACA, LCCI)
- BS/MA in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar subject field is considered beneficial
- 2+ years experience in an accounting or finance related position
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, v-lookup and financial modelling (will be tested)
- Fundamental technical knowledge in double entry (Dr/Cr) – (will be tested)
- Proficient knowledge of Xero (preferable) or other similar accounting software considered a plus, but desire to learn is critical
- Ability to work autonomously and strong desire to learn and improve!
- Experience working across both UK and APAC markets is beneficial
- Background in a tech start-up environment is considered advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience in communicating financial matters with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised lunches
- Flexible working
- Employee option scheme
- Private healthcare
- Fun monthly team events
- Annual training allowance