We are a B2B middleware technology company that connects various partners in the mobility and travel space through our proprietary API integration. Our technology enables our partner network to expand their services, whilst allowing their customers greater options when they travel - all within the apps they already know and trust. Currently, Splyt’s verticals include ridehailing, micromobility, public transport and food delivery, with our platform well-suited to adding a multitude of additional verticals in the future.
Working with us
We are a remote-first company, with a fun, diverse and enthusiastic bunch from all corners of the world (with 25 nationalities and 20 languages spoken amongst our employees). We live and breathe our values of Ingenuity, Independence, Collaboration, and Laughter. Our exceptional culture is underpinned by an empowering, collaborative learning environment where our people are constantly stretched and growing to be high-performing and, most importantly, happy.
Splyt’s Business Development team is a self-motivated, go-getting team that has done exceptional work in acquiring and managing partners such as Alipay, Booking.com, Kakao, Grab, SoftBank, Careem, and Lyft. We are now on the hunt for a driven business development rockstar to join us. The role will report directly into our passionate, hungry Head of Business Development who has risen through the ranks at Splyt.
In your role as Business Development Associate, you will support the BD team and other internal stakeholders to drive business growth, efficiently handle operational tasks, conduct data analysis to make business recommendations and create partner facing forecasts. You will identify opportunities to improve internal and cross-functional alignment, challenging the way of working within BD. In order to be successful, you are required to be a self-starter, highly autonomous - and able to work with minimal oversight.
As part of our team, you will evangelise Splyt’s mission, culture, and values whilst supporting a fast-paced tech scale-up.
What you’ll be doing
- Analyse the market trends, understand the findings and work around them.
- Anticipate potential problems from findings well in advance, and come up with solutions to the problems
- Report relevant findings from desk-based research, giving insight and recommendations on improvements to the team
- Provide ideas to add value to new products to increase company revenue.
- Perform competitor analysis to identify areas where our company can trump the industry’s competitors and forge ahead to gain increased market share.
- Analyse BD activity and trends to promote ideas for a sustained flow of revenue for the company.
- Create custom and standard reports for the BD team, facilitating the decision-making process.
- Research new suitable business partners to increase important partnerships within the industry.
- Assist in writing BD proposals and presentations.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
Who we are looking for
- Min 3 years relevant experience as a Business Development Associate/Analyst in B2B enterprise sales
- Ability to multitask and handle various competing priorities
- Demonstrable financial acumen and ability to apply this across various role-related scenarios
- A solution-oriented approach and the ability to keep calm under pressure and solve problems timely and effectively.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills & ability to work across various cultures
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present, and influence across various stakeholder groups
- Effective analytical skills, with the ability to think logically/big-picture about complex challenges and develop recommendations and action plans
- Proven problem solving skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) and MS Office
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Fully Remote Working
- All the equipment you need
- Home Office Set-Up
- Annual training allowance
- Lots of discounts on everyday lifestyle items
- Fun, regular team events & a host of other benefits