Splyt is the leading global network for mobility and lifestyle services. Our technology integrates ridehailing, airport transfers, micromobility, public transport and food delivery into our partners’ platforms, so they can unlock the world for their customers. Splyt has offices in London, Singapore, Tokyo, and Kuala Lumpur, but we feel at home anywhere. Our amazing partners are the largest in the business, with over 2 billion users in total, and we are constantly expanding our footprint beyond the 150 countries we already cover.
Working with us
We are a fun, diverse and enthusiastic bunch from all corners of the world (with 25 nationalities and 20 languages spoken amongst our employees). We live and breathe our values of Ingenuity, Independence, Collaboration, and Laughter. Our exceptional culture is underpinned by an empowering, collaborative learning environment where our people are constantly stretched and growing to be high-performing and, most importantly, happy.
Splyt’s IT team is a new team that is quickly expanding. The IT function ensures that all of our employees across our locations have the best experience when it comes to using their equipment and systems. The team aims to be helpful, speedy and supportive in all of their work.
In your role as Junior IT Support Engineer you will get exposure to a variety of exciting challenges in an international startup environment. This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate with a passion for IT, and perhaps some internship experience. The role will be reporting into our incredible IT Support Engineer who has elevated the IT experience at Splyt.
What you’ll be doing:
Manage daily operations of all IT applications and systems
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in a timely manner
- Test and implement new business application systems
- Manage networks to achieve efficiency and effectiveness
- Create and maintain IT documentation including IT processes, workflows, user guides, SOP
- Provide general IT advice and help desk support to end-users, applications, workstations, printers and other user devices
- Assist to implement processes to manage the Group's IT equipment
- Establish good relationships with all departments and colleagues
- Assist in any other ad-hoc duties as and when required
- Learn and expand knowledge in the IT team and the company
Who we are looking for:
Someone who is a self starter
- Some knowledge of basic hardware and software troubleshooting
- Hunger and willingness to learn, even if you’re a for fresh graduate
- Strong problem solving skills and positive attitude
- Good coordination and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Able to speak and write in English
What we can offer you:
- Daily lunch allowance of 35 MYR through GrabFood
- Flexible working hours
- Annual holiday allowance of 20 days + 1 day off for your birthday + 1 day per year of full service
- Annual training allowance
- Fun, regular team events