We are a B2B middleware technology company that connects various partners in the mobility and lifestyle space through our proprietary API integration. Our technology enables our partner network to expand their services, whilst allowing their customers greater options when they travel - all within the apps they already know and trust. Currently, Splyt’s verticals include ridehailing, micromobility, public transport, food delivery, and transfers; with our platform well-suited to adding a multitude of additional verticals in the future.
Working with us
We’re a fun, diverse and enthusiastic bunch from all corners of the world (with 17 nationalities and 20 languages spoken amongst our employees). We live and breathe our values of Ingenuity, Independence, Collaboration, and Laughter. Our exceptional culture is underpinned by an empowering, collaborative learning environment where our people are constantly stretched and growing to be high-performing and, most importantly, happy.
Splyt’s Business Development team is a self-motivated, go-getting team that has done exceptional work in acquiring and managing partners such as Alipay, Booking.com, Kakao, Grab, SoftBank, Careem, and Lyft. We are now on the hunt for a business development rockstar to join our ranks as in London. The role will report directly into our passionate, hungry Head of Business Development who has risen through the ranks at Splyt.
In your role as Business Development Manager, you will use your sales skills in order to expand the Splyt partner network across Europe and beyond. Your primary remit will be to bring on new partners within the superapp, travel, wallet and mobility industries using your sales skills. As part of our team, you will evangelise Splyt’s mission, culture, and values whilst being raring to explore new partnerships in a fast-paced tech scale-up.
What you’ll be doing:
- Take ownership of the entire sales process (from prospecting to closing) for long lasting partnerships across Splyt’s verticals
- Perform creative outbound outreach for prospective partners, manage inbound inquiries as well as attend industry events
- Lead contract negotiations with senior stakeholders and deliver against Splyt’s strategy and goals
- Oversee pre and post-launch activities by collaborating with internal teams such as Product, Legal and Finance, as well as our esteemed partners
- Think outside the box and creatively adapt to the prospective partner’s needs
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations and discussions to drive adoption of Splyt’s services
- Construct, forecast and own your sales pipeline via Salesforce
- Understand the Splyt market segments, customer base, and industry verticals
Who we are looking for:
- Business development expertise, including some experience with global accounts and long, complex sales cycles (min. 4 years)
- Experience working within software development, travel or mobility industries is preferred
- Capability and hunger to take initiative and ownership of your own projects
- Well-versed and comfortable with reaching out and speaking to C-level executives given the high-level strategic impact Splyt’s products have
- Thrives on ambiguity, creative, persistent, self-motivated, solution-orientated, and comfortable operating in rapidly changing teams and surroundings.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team environment
- Effective analytical skills, with the ability to think strategically about complex challenges and develop recommendations and action plans
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate propositions with partners and internal teams
- Willingness and desire to travel and collaborate with partners once the overall pandemic situation permits
- Fluency in English mandatory, additional languages a benefit
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Daily food allowance of £15 through Deliveroo
- Flexible working
- Annual holiday allowance of 25 days (exclusive of UK bank holidays) + 1 day off for your birthday + 1 day per full year of service
- Employee option scheme
- Private healthcare
- Annual training allowance
- Fun, regular team events