Splyt is the leading global network for mobility and lifestyle services. Our technology integrates ridehailing, airport transfers, micromobility, public transport and food delivery into our partners’ platforms, so they can unlock the world for their customers. Splyt has offices in London, Singapore, Tokyo, and Kuala Lumpur, but we feel at home anywhere. Our amazing partners are the largest in the business, with over 2 billion users in total, and we are constantly expanding our footprint beyond the 150 countries we already cover.
Working with us
We are a fun, diverse and enthusiastic bunch from all corners of the world (with 17 nationalities and 20 languages spoken amongst our employees). We live and breathe our values of Ingenuity, Independence, Collaboration, and Laughter. Our exceptional culture is underpinned by an empowering, collaborative learning environment where our people are constantly stretched and growing to be high-performing and, most importantly, happy.
Splyt’s Widget SDK team is a talented and innovative engineering team that works on our industry leading SDK that allows our partner network to expand their services with ease and efficiency. We are now on the hunt for a dedicated and capable Engineering Manager to join our ranks in London.
In your role as Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for day to day management of various projects, line managing a team of fantastic developers and collaborating with various teams in the business to drive development at Splyt forward.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the development team (made up of five developers and two QA engineers)
- Manage ongoing projects and new projects as they appear; planning sprints, managing deadlines with the team and communicating with various stakeholders
- Collaborate with multiple engineering teams, QA, Product and Design and much more
- Fully understand requirements from our partner network and shareholders and deliver projects to a high standard
- Contribute to the overall technology function in regards to infrastructure, shared knowledge and continuous improvement
Who we are looking for:
- Robust technical knowledge of React, Node.js and Typescript. Bonus points for experience with hybrid app development, or native iOS & Android experience.
- Excellent people management skills, proven experience lifting up individuals and teams
- Driven, passionate and self reliant
- Background in managing and delivering projects with the end user in mind
- Someone with a collaborative and meaningful communication style, confident in liaising with the immediate team and beyond
- Experience working with and integrating RESTful APIs
- Enjoy solving complex problems
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Daily food allowance of £15 through Deliveroo
- Flexible working
- Annual holiday allowance of 25 days (exclusive of UK bank holidays) + 1 day off for your birthday + 1 day per full year of service
- Employee option scheme
- Private healthcare
- Fun monthly team events
- Annual training allowance