We are a B2B middleware technology company that connects various partners in the mobility and lifestyle space through our proprietary API integration. Our technology enables our partner network to expand their services, whilst allowing their customers greater options when they travel - all within the apps they already know and trust. Currently, Splyt’s verticals include ridehailing, micromobility, public transport, food delivery, and transfers; with our platform well-suited to adding a multitude of additional verticals in the future.
Working with us
We’re a fun, diverse and enthusiastic bunch from all corners of the world (with 25 nationalities and 20 languages spoken amongst our employees). We live and breathe our values of Ingenuity, Independence, Collaboration, and Laughter. Our exceptional culture is underpinned by an empowering, collaborative learning environment where our people are constantly stretched and growing to be high-performing and, most importantly, happy.
Splyt’s Business Development team is a self-motivated, go-getting team that has done exceptional work in acquiring and managing partners such as Alipay, Booking.com, Kakao, Grab, SoftBank, Careem, and Lyft. We are now on the hunt for a driven business development rockstar to join our ranks in either Singapore or Tokyo. The role will report directly into our passionate, hungry Head of Business Development who has risen through the ranks at Splyt.
In your role as Business Development Manager, you will influence the success of Splyt’s products across our various verticals in the APAC region. You will independently manage key relationships with our shareholders in Japan and the region, with current partners such as SoftBank, as well as fostering new partnerships. As part of our team, you will evangelise Splyt’s mission, culture, and values whilst being raring to explore new partnerships in a fast-paced tech scale-up.
What you’ll be doing:
- Take ownership of the entire sales process (from prospecting to closing) for long lasting partnerships across Splyt’s verticals
- Manage key relationships with our shareholders in Japan, serving as the lead account manager
- Perform creative outbound outreach for prospective partners, manage inbound inquiries as well as attend industry events
- Oversee pre and post-launch activities by collaborating with internal teams such as Product, Legal and Finance, as well as our esteemed partners
- Work independently to construct, forecast and own your pipeline via Salesforce
- Analyse performance data in order to identify new growth opportunities
- Advise partner marketing teams with digital strategy considering their specific goals
Who we are looking for:
- Min 3-5 years relevant experience as a Business Development Manager in B2B enterprise sales
- A deep understanding of Japanese business culture and practice (i.e. experience of Japanese enterprise account management)
- Native/professional level in English and Japanese both written and spoken is essential for this role
- Ability to proactively acquire new business partners and opportunities, with minimal immediate supervision
- Strong experience with managing global partners, taking into account cultural nuances
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present, and influence key C-level stakeholders
- Effective analytical skills, with the ability to think strategically about complex challenges and develop recommendations and action plans
- Proven ability to juggle multiple accounts simultaneously, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot) and MS Office
- Some experience in the on-demand industry (ridehailing & food delivery) is a big plus
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised lunches
- Flexible working
- Employee option scheme
- Annual training allowance