Splyt is the leading global network for mobility and lifestyle services. Our technology integrates ridehailing, airport transfers, micromobility, public transport and food delivery into our partners’ platforms, so they can unlock the world for their customers. Splyt has offices in London, Singapore, Tokyo, and Kuala Lumpur, but we feel at home, anywhere. Our amazing partners are the largest in the business, with over 2 billion users in total, and we are constantly expanding our footprint beyond the 150 countries we already cover.
Working with us
We’re a fun, diverse and enthusiastic bunch from all corners of the world (with 17 nationalities and 20 languages spoken amongst our employees). We live and breathe our values of Ingenuity, Independence, Collaboration, and Laughter. Our exceptional culture is underpinned by an empowering, collaborative learning environment where our people are constantly stretched and growing to be high-performing and, most importantly, happy.
Splyt’s Core team is a talented engineering team that works on our overall infrastructure and substantial microservice ecosystem. We are now on the hunt for an experienced back end developer based in Kuala Lumpur to help the team to build and support the core product of Splyt. The role will report directly into our enthusiastic Technical Director and Co-founder.
In your role as Back End Developer you will help us to build and support new partner integrations, maintain maximum availability of internal core microservices and provide architecture expertise. As part of our team, you will evangelise Splyt’s mission, culture, and values whilst being technically hands on in building the world's leading lifestyle marketplace.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, build and test new functionality for our lifestyle services marketplace and supporting projects
- Contribute to the team’s various projects such across verticals such as ridehailing, micromobility and more
- Work independently on projects and deliverables, guided by our product and business development teams
- Support new partner integrations
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies through training and professional development
Who we are looking for
- Extremely proficient in Node.js for backend development
- Experience writing unit/functional/e2e tests
- Knowledge and industry experience using a cloud infrastructure platform (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Firm understanding of object oriented and functional programming as well as common design patterns/anti-patterns
- Background in working with and integrating REST APIs
- Previous experience working with MongoDB
- Practical knowledge of TypeScript
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (or similar containerisation technologies) considered highly desirable
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Daily lunch allowance
- Flexible working
- Annual holiday allowance of 20 days + 11 public holidays + 1 day for your birthday + 1 day per year of full service
- Annual training allowance
- Fun, regular team events