Splyt is the leading global network for mobility and lifestyle services. Our technology integrates ridehailing, airport transfers, micromobility, public transport and food delivery into our partners’ platforms, so they can unlock the world for their customers. Splyt has offices in London, Singapore, Tokyo, and Kuala Lumpur, but we feel at home, anywhere. Our amazing partners are the largest in the business, with over 2 billion users in total, and we are constantly expanding our footprint beyond the 150 countries we already cover.
Working with us
We’re a fun, diverse and enthusiastic bunch from all corners of the world (with 17 nationalities and 20 languages spoken amongst our employees). We live and breathe our values of Ingenuity, Independence, Collaboration, and Laughter. Our exceptional culture is underpinned by an empowering, collaborative learning environment where our people are constantly stretched and growing to be high-performing and, most importantly, happy.
Splyt’s Core team is a talented engineering team that works on our overall infrastructure and substantial microservice ecosystem. We are now on the hunt for a junior back end developer based in Kuala Lumpur to help the team to improve the stability and reliability of our core product. The role will report directly into our enthusiastic Technical Director and Co-founder.
In your role as Junior Back End Developer you will help us maintain maximum availability of core services by assisting in error handling, investigating alerts and aggregating data. You will get exposure to a variety of different technologies and systems.
This role is a great opportunity for a junior developer or someone with QA experience looking to make the change to software development. As part of our team, you will evangelise Splyt’s mission, culture, and values whilst being technically hands on in building the world's leading lifestyle marketplace.
What you’ll be doing
- Investigate any alerts and logs and help fix the problem before it escalates any further
- Participate in testing of core services (unit, integrational, automation)
- Design, build and test new functionality for our lifestyle services marketplace and supporting projects
- Contribute to the team’s various projects across verticals such as ridehailing, micromobility and more
- Support new partner integrations
Who we are looking for
- Proficient in Node.js for backend development
- Analytical mindset
- Practical knowledge of tests automation
- Experience with Kibana is considered a plus
- Previous experience working with MongoDB desirable
- Knowledge of TypeScript considered advantageous
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (or similar containerisation technologies) considered highly desirable
- A desire to learn and challenge yourself
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Daily lunch allowance of 35 MYR through FoodPanda
- Flexible working
- Annual holiday allowance of 12 days + 11 public holidays + 1 day for your birthday + 1 day per year of full service
- Annual training allowance
- Fun, regular team events