Splyt is the leading global network for mobility and lifestyle services. Our technology integrates ride hailing, airport transfers, micromobility, public transport and food delivery into our partners’ platforms, so they can unlock the world for their customers. Splyt has offices in London, Singapore, Tokyo, and Kuala Lumpur, but we feel at home, anywhere. Our amazing partners are the largest in the business, with over 2 billion users in total, and we are constantly expanding our footprint beyond the 150 countries we already cover.
Working with us
We are a fun, diverse and enthusiastic bunch from all corners of the world (with 17 nationalities and 20 languages spoken amongst our employees). We live and breathe our values of Ingenuity, Independence, Collaboration, and Laughter. Our exceptional culture is underpinned by an empowering, collaborative learning environment where our people are constantly stretched and growing to be high-performing and, most importantly, happy.
Splyt teams are small, autonomous squads. This allows every team member to contribute to the team vision. Our technical arsenal is diverse, however we develop exclusively in TypeScript as we value cross-team collaboration.
The Widget teams are a group of talented, innovative and passionate engineers that have built some of our most significant customer-facing products (serving several million users), playing a key role in engineering the systems that make up Splyt.
We are now on the hunt for a full stack developer to join our ranks in Kuala Lumpur. The role will report directly to one of our dedicated Engineering Managers.
At Splyt we prefer to craft the role to the candidate; you will define what area of the stack you work on, whether you’re a React maestro, a Node.js specialist, or somewhere in between. As a Splyt Developer you will be involved in the design and development of high-performance TypeScript applications and superb user experiences.
Our “widget” products are designed to leverage Splyt’s lifestyle services and deliver them directly to the end user. Some notable projects include applications built for the Alipay and Grab super app platforms. In addition to building these bespoke experiences, you will also get the opportunity to contribute to various other services, tools and apps that make up the Splyt technology ecosystem.
As part of our team, you will evangelise Splyt’s mission, culture, and values whilst being technically hands on in building the world's leading lifestyle marketplace.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, build and enhance new functionalities for our mobility marketplace and supporting projects
- Work independently on projects and deliverables, providing support to other members of the team when necessary
- Become an integral part of our growing start-up by contributing both on a technical and personal level
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies through training and professional development
We expect all fullstack developers to
- Have a firm understanding of object oriented programming and functional programming as well as common designs/anti-patterns
- Be familiar with current development methodologies (eg. Scrum, Agile)
- Background working with, designing and integrating REST APIs
It would also be great if you had knowledge/experience with
- React/React Hooks/Redux...
- Docker workflows
- Cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS, Azure...
- Participation in open source projects
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Daily lunch allowance of 35 MYR through FoodPanda
- Flexible working hours
- Annual holiday allowance of 12 days + 11 public holidays + 1 day for your birthday + 1 day per year of full service
- Annual training allowance
- Fun, regular team events